Picnic in the back garden kids on one of our climbing frames!!
International Picnic Day
Five Food Finds about Picnics
- Did you know that a “picnic” ham is really not a true ham? It is cut from the upper part of the foreleg of a pig – a true ham is cut from the hind leg.
- Italy’s favourite picnic day is Easter Monday. It is called “Angel’s Monday” or Pasquetta (“Little Easter”).
- After an ant has visited your picinc, it lays down a scent as it returns to the nest for the other ants to follow!
- In the year 2000, a 600-mile-long picnic took place in France to celebrate the first Bastille Day of the new millennium.
- The first table designed specifically for picnics (in a style similar to what we know today) appeared in the late 1800s.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1865 R.I.P. Edmund Ruffin. He was a pioneer in the study of soil chemistry in the U.S.
View original post 144 more words